- Chicago-1 Purpose, Mission, Methodology and Ethics
- Chicago Live Audio & TV Broadcast Feeds
- Digital Privacy and Freedom of Speech Resources
- Press Freedom Organizations
- O'Hare International Airport (ORD) Reference
- Chicago-1 Weather Safety Resource Page
- Chicago Police Organizational Charts and Unit Identifiers
- Cook County States Attorney and Cook County Sheriff's Department - Manuals & References
Wednesday, April 5, 2017
Red Line Collision Victim Identified
Yesterday, a collision occurred between a northbound CTA Red Line train, and a female victim who was prnounced dead at the scene. The collision occurred at 521 N. State St.
The Cook County Medical Examiner's Office has confirmed that death this morning, and has said the victim has been identified as 49 year old Ann Fritzsche. Although there was some speculation yesterday on part of the Chicago Fire Department about this being a suicide, The Cook County Medical Examiner's Office said that the cause and manner of death has not been determined at this time because an autopsy is pending.