- Chicago-1 Purpose, Mission, Methodology and Ethics
- Chicago Live Audio & TV Broadcast Feeds
- Digital Privacy and Freedom of Speech Resources
- Press Freedom Organizations
- O'Hare International Airport (ORD) Reference
- Chicago-1 Weather Safety Resource Page
- Chicago Police Organizational Charts and Unit Identifiers
- Cook County States Attorney and Cook County Sheriff's Department - Manuals & References
Wednesday, December 4, 2019
Area North Homicide Investigation - Edison Park
Address: 7322 N Harlem
Date: 03 Dec 2019
Beat of Occurrence: 1611
Beat of Assignment: 1622 (paper car)
UCR Code: 5084, changed to 0110
This is a BWC Event. Event# 13465
R/O's responded to the above address via a radio notification from OEMC Zone-01. The caller stated he sees a body on the floor of a basement apartment and a weapon laying near the body. Zone-10 stated CFD was already enroute when this was assigned.
R/O's arrived on-scene to find the scene described by the 911 caller. Victim Luis Arana is a 40 year-old male with two gunshot wounds, one to the torso, one to the leg. Victim Arana was pronounced deceased on-scene by CFD. The address of occurrence is the victim's home. There is a call history to this address from earlier on this date for a check the well-being.
Area North Violent Crimes / Homicide now has this case, see the Area North case progress notes for more.
CFD, Supervisor, Area North Detectives-Violent Crimes, News Affairs, Cook County M.E., CPIC, Forensic Services (E.T.)