- Chicago-One Statement of Purpose, Vision, and MIssion
- Chicago Live Audio & TV Broadcast Feeds
- Digital Privacy and Freedom of Speech Resources
- Press Freedom Organizations
- O'Hare International Airport (ORD) Reference
- Chicago-1 Weather Safety Resource Page
- Chicago Police Organizational Charts and Unit Identifiers
- Cook County States Attorney and Cook County Sheriff's Department - Manuals & References
Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Chicago Police Area Central RBT Mission Team Arrests Suspect in Vehicular Hijackings
Today, the Chicago Police Department has charged a man Area Central Detectives and the Area Central RBT Mission Team say is responsible for two vehicular hijackings.
Chicago Police issued the following statement:
A south side man was charged in two separate Vehicular Hijackings after extensive investigation by Area Central Detective Division R.B.T. Mission Team.
Caleb Morales was positively identified and subsequently charged in connection to two separate vehicular hijackings.
On January 5, 2020 at approximately 2:46 PM, this offender entered 2019 Porsche Cayenne on the 300 block of West Illinois Street and attempted to force the victim from the vehicle while implying a weapon. The offender partially forced the victim from the vehicle and then drove off, throwing the victim from the vehicle, causing the victim to incur several injuries.
On January 12, 2020 at approximately 12:56 PM, this offender entered a 2014 Ford Escape on the 1400 block of West Fulton Street and forced the occupants out of the vehicle at gunpoint, including two minor children. One of the minor children was removed and slammed to the ground, before the offender fled in the vehicle. An extensive investigation was conducted which lead to the positive identification of this offender. Caleb Morales was charged with two felony counts of Vehicular Hijacking and will appear today in Central Bond Court.